Think Outside the Client Holiday Box!
November 8, 2016Life Hacks
Question: What can I get as a really unique gift for special clients this year?
If you are purchasing something for a few special clients this holiday season, think a little more creatively this year. Come up with something that is thoughtful, individualized, and that leaves a lasting impression.
ACTION IDEAS FOR GIFT GIVING THIS SEASON
Consider these ideas…
- A MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION WITH YOUR CLIENT IN MIND
- Think about the person’s hobby or interest outside of work. Many magazine subscriptions are $10 or less, but this gift keeps on giving all year long. Every month that they sit down to relax and read about something they love, they will think of you.
- A UNIQUE PICTURE FRAME WAITING FOR THEIR FAVORITE FAMILY PIC
- If they have plenty of pictures of their family or grandchildren around their office, give them something that they will look at every day. They may receive a great picture as a gift or take one over the holidays that they will want to put in your frame.
- A PET GIFT WILL SCORE BIG
- Do you see a picture of a dog or cat in their office? Take a fun trip to the pet store and get a toy that is unlike all the rest their pet may have. Of course a bag of rawhide chews might be good, too. This is another gift that goes way beyond expectations.
- A SMALL TABLE TOP DECORATED TREE
- Some of the little table trees are beautifully decorated. Present one to them early in the season so that they can display it in their office. You saved them time to decorate their office and every time they look at it, they’ll think of you.
- A MONTHLY CAR WASH PACKAGE
- You may spend about $100 for this gift, but again, they’ll think of you each month they give their car needed a wash. This is also one that they may give to their spouse or significant other to use. Again, you went above and beyond the typical gift.
- A TRADE ASSOCIATION MEMBERSHIP
- Perhaps they’ve been talking about an association in their field that they intend to join. Pay for the membership and present them the certificate. These associations have continual contact with them, helping them to better them in their field—and you made it possible.
- A BOX OF THANK YOU CARDS
- Sometimes I buy a box of beautiful thank you cards and write a special message for them on the top one in the box. Place this card it at the top of the gift. They then they have the rest of the cards in the box to send to others throughout the year.
- DID YOU THINK OF ANOTHER CREATIVE IDEA?
Write it down: __________________________________________________________________________________