Are We Doing the Dance?
This “dance” refers to whether a person is really “into the customer service experience” or just going through the drill.
The way we know whether a person is truly engaged in their job is whether they are feeling just as engaged in the experience as the prospect or client is?
If we are both deeply involved in the experience and happy and “doing the dance” we are “engaged”. We are “present” with each other and creating something that neither of us will ever forget.
This type of feeling by an employee would be the ultimate, wouldn’t it? It’s the opposite of those times that you’ve had an experience with an employee when one of you just wasn’t “feeling it.” Either the person didn’t want to buy something or the person selling it really wasn’t “on their game” that day.
ACTION STEPS FOR THIS WEEK
- Make a list of each team member in your organization.
- Circle the names of the people who “do the dance” every day.
- Have you rewarded them lately so that they won’t leave?
- Now think about the people whose names you haven’t circled.
- Is there any training you could provide to help them level up?
- Do you have a “crucial conversation” with them?
- If #5 or #6 is of no help for them, how can you transition them out of your organization?
- Do this list every quarter to make sure everyone is peak performing.