Do Your People Love Working for You?
If you are a CEO or team leader you might consider regularly asking that question about yourself. I’ve occasionally done an anonymous survey that allows me to know the real truth. It’s also helped me shore up a few areas where I could do a better job.
This type of survey shows you how your people are thinking. Let’s face it: As a leader you may forget some things that they are thinking about and you’ve forgotten.
You could do a survey in one of three different ways:
1. Do an anonymous written survey that allows your people to voice how they feel.
2. Ask the question during a team meeting and get some feedback.
3. Meet with team members separately and have a good heart-to-heart discussion.
POSSIBLE SURVEY QUESTIONS
Here are some questions you might ask:
1. Are you happy working here?
2. If you are, wha tthings make you happy?
3. Is there anything that would make you happier?
4. If you’re not happy, why not?
5. What things would make you happier?
The purpose of this exercise is not to tell you that if you’re well-liked you are doing the right things, but it does remind you that people do better work when they are somewhere where they enjoy and respect who they’re working for.