"Great Minds Think Unalike"
I found this quote in an ad in Architectural Digest. It was said by Jason Wu for a Brito Kitchen Collection he was featuring:
“Great minds think unalike.”
I think this is something that should be celebrated. When people are encouraged to think creatively and not just follow what’s been done before them, they are bound to come up with some great ideas.
Of all the leaders that I’ve worked with, my favorites are the ones who think a little differently. They challenge what ‘s been done before so that their programs and projects not only look a little different, but sometimes get better results than when people try to do it the same old way.
AN EXERCISE IN THINKING DIFFERENTLY
- Take a look at every program, project, department and each person within your organization.
- Write each one on the left side of a paper.
- Beside each word, think of something you could do differently than what is presently being done.
- Don’t spend too much time on any one thing. Just get thoughts out and enjoy the creative zone you are in.
- After you complete this part of the exercise, highlight some of the immediate things you could do to make a real difference in your organization.