I Want This More than You Do
There is great reward (as an Executive Coach) when (after I explain a strategy to a client and the benefits it could offer) they say:
“I want this more than you do.”
The other day, I heard that statement from one of my young professionals. I was explaining the value of doing an “Activity Analysis” (from my book PerfectTIMING). You may know the exercise as a time log or time study. It takes a look at an entire week’s activities to determine whether you are handling your time the best way you can.
I hope that when you hear an idea about something that might help you perform at an even higher level than you already do you have the passion this client did. His statement (“I want this more than you do.”) made it clear that he knew how valuable these lessons were going to be to him.
When you read about a new strategy that could help you how do you react? Are you passionate about trying it or do you just assume your present way of operating is sufficient?
iMPACT ACTION STEPS FOR THE WEEK
- What is something that you really need to learn so that you can perform at a higher level?
- Do you understand the value it could give your life?
- Have you been setting time aside every day to learn it?
- If you try it and it doesn’t work, did you find a new way to approach it?
- Do you pat yourself on the back once you learn it?
- Do you check in once in a while to make sure that you are still performing at this new level in whatever area you chose?