IT’S CERTAINLY NOT WHAT I EXPECTEDExecutive Coaching
YOUR GRADE IS A "D"
The airline I usually fly with offers Starbucks coffee on board. The problem is it doesn't taste anything like Starbucks. It's weak, bland and I rarely drink much of it. So even though the cup has the Starbucks logo, it's a poor representation of the coffee. So if I were grading their coffee I would give them a "D".
YOUR GRADE IS AN A+
While in San Antonio the other evening, we went to a restaurant that is a landmark in the city. It is known for its steak and whiskey. It really lived up to its name. It was authentic. I could tell they've worked hard to keep up their brand for many years. The next time I am in San Antonio, I will go there again.
WHAT IS YOUR GRADE?
What has happened to your brand over the years? If you are a new organization, are you working on making what you offer something people will want again and again? I happen to think that companies should constantly think about this. It's time to call your folks together to participate in...
ACTION STEPS FOR THIS WEEK
Answer the following questions.
1. Why are you in the business you are in?
2. Are you proud of what you offer?
3. Why do you offer the products you do?
4. Why do you provide the services you do?
5. When did you last survey your end users to make sure you're on target?
6. Is every product and service you offer as good as when you started?
7. Have you improved all of your products and services the past few years?
8. In what ways have you gone above and beyond?
9. What do you offer or do that your competition does not?
10. If you weren't in the business you're in would you still shop there?
I'd love to hear the answers to your questions. Send your responses to email@example.com I'd be glad to give you some feedback.