It’s Time You to Become a Blogger!
You may be a thought leader and not even know it. Think about all the times that you talk about your products or services and have the ability to persuade others to do business with your organization.
Have you considered that people may want to hear what you have to say? As you talk to prospects or clients each day, start making a mental list of the many topics that you could address.
It’s more important now than ever, since social media is a big part of how we will do business in the future. Don’t give up your market share to the competition. Be where people are looking for information.
Create an actual written list of all the topics you could make into blogs. Break down these topics and express your thoughts about them. You will be one step closer to creating your first blog. And as you accumulate these blogs, you will become one of the thought leaders in your field.
Full Disclosure: Years ago, my marketing agency asked me to do one blog a week. I told them that was impossible. I was only writing about one every couple of months. But since they challenged me to do it, I wrote one that week and one every week since.
In fact, I got into blog-- writing so much I now do a month or two in advance. Once you start writing them, you will continue to think of new topics to address.
SIX BLOG QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF
- Who would your target audience be for your blog?
- What’s an unfulfilled need of your target audience that you could talk about?
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind for a blog topic which you could write about?
- What would the main point be for that blog?
- What are two or three things that support that point?
- What would you say to get people to take action after reading your blog?