‘I’ve Got This!’
Don’t you love it when someone says that to you? It makes you feel good. It makes you feel as if the person will do whatever it takes to get the job done or make something happen.
“I’ve Got This” also means that someone feels that they can handle something without your help. They want to do whatever it takes to make something happen ALONE. They don’t need your help.
Let’s examine the phrase and think about what we should consider before we would say “I’ve got this.”
HOW TO BE AN ‘I’VE GOT THIS’ PERSON
1. You feel you have the skills to handle the issue at hand.
2. You know that if you don’t have the skills you will reach out to others who do and solve the issue.
3. You have a plan(preferably a written one) to accomplish the goal.
4. You will be fair in every move so that you represent yourself, others, and the organization well.
5. If there is a road block you will think of options to overcome it
6. You will celebrate and broadcast to everyone when you reach your goal.