Maintain a ‘Clear Space’ Each Day
In the past months, it’s been hard to turn anywhere and not hear where we’re at with the Coronavirus. We hear what other countries are doing, what other states are doing and what other individual communities are doing.
My former profession was newspapers, so of course I understand wanting to know the latest news-- yet there’s something else that’s important to do in times like these.
Here’s an idea that you might be able to adopt so that amongst all of the noise of media correspondents and people around you, you can take time to think about what’s next for your world.
FIVE IDEAS TO MOVE CRISIS THINKING TO CREATIVE THINKING
- Designate a time of day and a place when you aren’t listening to anything else but your own thoughts.
- Consider downloading an app like “Calm” or something that will give you environmental sounds that stimulate your thinking.
- These moments of thinking should be set aside for positive, uplifting, bursts of thoughts about all the opportunities you could take advantage of.
- If you like a visual approach to thinking, you might consider using a diagram approach, where you draw a circle in the middle. (That’s your main topic.) Now draw a line and a small circle from that main thought. Keep doing this until you have several circles drawn out from the big one. It will show you all the directions you can go to fully develop your thought.
- You may even have even smaller circles drawn from the smaller circles. Go as deep as you wish.
Soon you will learn to love this time of day when your mind can think creatively, thanks to the quiet environment with no voice sbut your own.