Make it a Happy Birthday This Year
It’s only a few days until my birthday. Each year I take some time to think about how things have changed in the past year.
We can always look at occurrences and note whether it’s been a good year or not, but I think a more important question is whether we have grown the past twelve months.
We could all be on our way to “self-actualization” if we want to. This process refers to getting better in every aspect of your life. For my coaching clients, I use a wheel drawing marked with each component of a person’s life so that together we can work toward greater satisfaction.
The areas you might consider are: Health, Money, Career, Home Environment, Fun & Leisure, Personal Growth, Significant Other, Friends, and Family
Here are some questions you might ask yourself at your next birthday. Consider it a “Birthday Brainstorming”...
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF
- Are you happy about how the past twelve months turned out?
- Are you happier or sadder than you were a year ago?
- Make a Happy List to list all of the wonderful things that made you feel happy.
- Then do a Sad List to include anything that made you sad.
- After looking at your Happy List, make a new one for the next twelve months, with plenty of things that will make you even happier.
- As for the Sad List, come up with a plan for this year that could make the sad GLAD! In other words, solutions for situations that you could move to a happier place.