"Shake Up Your Usual"
That’s what the poster says in the coffee shop I’m in. They have a new drink they are featuring and they say that after you taste it, it will quickly become your drink of choice.
Maybe that’s what we should do with other areas of our life. Why not try something new and see if it is something we’d enjoy all the time.
In order to explain what I’m saying, I thought I’d list somethings you might do to try this “Shake it Up” concept.
First, rate yourself in your comfort level of “shaking it up”. 5 is “most comfortable” and a 1 is “not comfortable.” What’s your rating? ______
If it is 3 or below, consider something similar to these ideas.
1. Try some sprinting on your morning run, instead of running at the same pace.
2. See how long you can hold your breath as you swim under water just to get rid of the stale air.
3. Take a walk in a new neighborhood just to see what the homes and landscaping looks like there.
4. Pick up a fiction book instead of a non-fiction and see if you can get into it (or vice versa).
5. Try a coffee with a totally different flavor and see if you like it.
6. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in years and see how they are doing.
7. Listen to a new genre of music and see if you can get into it.
8. Choose a new podcast you’ve never listened to and learn something from it.
9. Try playing an instrument you have never played before— maybe a ukulele.
10. Take ten minutes to do nothing and just concentrate on your breathing.