Tell Someone How Much They Mean to You
You know how you feel when you open up your iPad and someone has liked one of your LinkedIn posts.
You know how you feel when you’re wearing a new cologne and someone tells you how great it smells.
You know what it feels like to have a team member tell you how much they appreciate working at your organization.
You know what it feels like to get a call from a customer just to say they appreciate you.
You know how you feel when your children tell you they understand a point you’ve been telling them over the years.
You know what it feels like when a grandchild tells you how much they love you.
QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK
- How many times did you take time to “like” something someone says or does?
- How many team members have you approached to tell them specifically what you like about how they do what they do?
- When is the last time you picked up some flowers for a loved one?
- What did you do to surprise and delight someone in your life recently?
- When is the last time you started out the meeting by telling everyone they are the ones that make your team as great as it is?
- How many “thank you” notes (e-mails don’t count) did you send out this week to a customer, prospect, vendor, community member or spouse/partner of someone who works in your organization?
- When is the last time you called someone into your office just to tell them something great you appreciate about them— and NOT bring up any other assignments or subjects. You just wanted them to remember that moment.
If you answered “no” more than “yes” to these questions, there’s still time this week to get things moving in the right direction.
By the way...I want you to know how much I appreciate you checking my blog each week and telling me what you like or don’t like. Both help me tremendously.