‘The Windows Are Dirty. We Can’t Eat There.’
My mother-in-law was a wonderful cook. Her food was better than most restaurants, but then again, her family owned a restaurant. So if we went out to eat, it had to be a place with excellent food.
She also would never dine in a restaurant that had dirty windows. Her thoughts were that if the windows were dirty, then they probably weren’t that particular in the kitchen.
The day we started our organization we probably attended to all the details that projected the best image possible. We also insisted that our people do the same.
Yet sometimes we get so busy that we don’t pay attention to the little things that could affect our business. While we’re busy with the "big things” our clients or prospective clients are noticing the little things.
iMPACT ACTION STEPS FOR THE WEEK
1. What does your facility look like?
2. Is everything neat and in the proper place?
3. Is the paint fresh and clean?
4. Are we following all of the guidelines to keep it sanitized?
5. Is our staff professional at all times?
6. Where might we have relaxed our standards and can we change that?