Things Were So Simple Then
Did you ever watch an old movie or TV show and look at someone and say, “Things were so simple then”? You were probably watching a conversation or procedure where people were only focused on one thing. There were no distractions. Very little else was going on at that moment. Maybe some people were sitting on a front porch and just talking with each other.
First: We tend to see the past as golden. We don’t remember the real struggles that might have been going on-- just the goodness of whatever time we were in.
Second: With all of the modern conveniences we have and technology that we utilize, we should be saving more and more time over the years. Yet that’s where the problem is, isn’t it? We let other things swallow up our time so that we lost all that should be saved..
Let’s look at the two thoughts above and think a little differently about each:
First: The past wasn’t always golden AND the present may be much better than we think, if only we would see it in a positive light. A little attitude adjustment and you might be seeing your day in a whole new say.
Second: Figure out what is eating up your time so that you can take a few more breaks or SIMPLIFY some processes.
QUESTIONS FOR BOTH YOU AND YOUR TEAM
- Do an exercise to ask yourself: What are some things that we do that are dumb?
- What reports are we doing that very few people read?
- How could I focus on one thing at a time and do better work on it?
- How could I start putting fewer things on my DAILY PLAN so that I can feel more successful at the end of the day?
- Where is a good spot at work and then a good spot at home where I can spend 15 minutes to just sit and think (with no interruptions)?