Watch Your Style of Waiting in Line
When you are lining up in a queue to purchase something or get waited on, do you tend to stand there in silence or do you speak to those around you?
There’s no right or wrong to this. It’s your call, but I thought I would mention the advantages to starting up a conversation.
Consider the Following about the Person Ahead or Behind You…
1. It may be someone from your home state— maybe even close to where you lived at some point in your life. You could have a great chat about what’s changed there now.
2. It could be someone who has the same hobby you do and you’ve been thinking about getting together with someone like that to learn even more.
3. It could be someone who has a really interesting perspective on life and you would love to have a future chat with them. Sometimes we find new people we could strike up a relationship with.
4. Perhaps it’s someone who needs your help. You may represent a profession that they are in need of working with.
5. Speaking of relationships, if you are not presently in one, this may be the Mr. or Mrs. Right for you.
6. Maybe you just want to do something nice, so you pay it forward by paying for a cup of coffee for the person behind you just to brighten their day.
Now, think about all these things the next time you are in a line. Don’t be afraid to talk to someone in front or behind you. They will usually appreciate it.