What Gets You Started for the Day?
I asked one of the coffee shop baristas how she was doing one morning. She said she didn’t feel too well earlier, but that after she had her morning coffee, she felt great.
I understood exactly what she meant. I thought about some of the actions I do in the morning as part of my daily routine. They are the things that inspire me and make me feel good not only about the day, but about me, too.
Have you ever met people who look and talk like they never did find that routine or “energizer” that gets their day started? They don’t seem awake, alive, and certainly not pumped about the day.
Make sure you have figured out what it is that you do in the morning to get in the right frame of mind for the day-- and don’t be afraid to change your routine or actions up once in a while. That’s what keeps life interesting.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF
- Since breakfast is important, what do I eat or drink that I look forward to having each morning?
- If prayer or meditation is important for me and am I benefiting from this action so that it inspires me and helps me live life a different way than yesterday?
- Are there certain people I should be around because they inspire me?
- Do I have people who I talk to during the day who know and do more than I do, which helps me “level up”?
- Is it time to make a change to my morning routine so that I approach my day in a completely different way?