What Would You Do at this Stop Sign?
What would happen if you were on a country road with no cars around you and you came to a stop sign that said: “STOP and Take Time to Be More Mindful”? You would probably do one of three things:
- You laugh at the sign, do a quick stop and get on your way.
- Since the car is still running and you don’t want to waste gas, you might decide to drive on, but take time later that week to do what the sign says and practice some mindfulness.
- You think, “This is so true. I have a few minutes and there is no one around me, so I’m going to take time to think and let my mind run free.”
I believe that each of us needs to take more time to examine our lives and figure out what is going on in our heads.
EXAMINATION OF YOUR LIFE
- What is my inner voice saying?
- (If you are spiritual), what is God telling me?
- Does what I’m thinking move me in any new directions?
- What makes me happiest?
- Do I carve time in my day to allow that happiness to shine through?
- What should I do more of?
- What should I do less of?
- What should I change about my life?