You Miss 100% of the Shots You Don’t Take
You may have heard that famous quote. It’s one of my favorites. It says so much. It was made by Hockey Hall of Famer Wayne Gretzky. To me, it’s a great challenge.
You will find it used in motivational speeches, team leader quotes and others who want to challenge people to do some things that they perhaps have been hesitant to do.
Their hesitation may be because of fear. It could also be because they do not have the gumption to give it all they’ve got.
Today, I would like you to think of three different things that you have thought about doing but have never tried. Answer the following questions and then consider taking action:
10 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF
- What is it that you have considered doing, but have not tried?
- What has been stopping you from doing it?
- What could you gain if you did it?
- Would it be helpful to the organization, the team, customers or potential customers?
- What is the worst that could happen?
- If it happened, how would you course-correct to get things back on track?
- What’s the date you are going to take the plunge and do it?
- What would the Action Steps be?
- Who will be part of supporting you in the endeavor?
- How will you evaluate it to make sure it’s working?